For more information about Life Coaching Services, contact a Licensed Professional Counselor or Therapist in Montgomery, Alabama - Montgomery Mental Wellness.
Life Coaching is a type of counseling that has less to do with psychology and more to do with motivation. A Life Coach provides encouragement for the purpose of helping clients achieve success.
What is a Life Coach?
- Do you feel stuck?
- Is your career or relationship going nowhere?
- Do you feel that you’re not using your talents?
If so, you might benefit from the services of a life coach!
Life coaches motivate and encourage their clients to achieve success in all areas of their life, e.g. career and relationships. They develop their clients’ strengths and abilities.
A life coach is someone who will help you improve your life situation by giving you the tools and resources so that you can achieve your dreams with their guidance and support.
You may have a vision of where you want to be, but no plan on how to get there.
A life coach will help you concentrate on your abilities, talents and ambitions, re-adjust your goals if necessary, and help you overcome possible obstacles that prevent you from achieving these goals.
Why do I need a Life Coach?
You’re holding a vision, but you don’t know how to achieve it, and wish someone was there to encourage, motivate and guide you.
Sometimes, when obstacles appear, you feel like giving up and having someone there to remind you of that vision, those goals, is a great gift to have! You don’t want someone to hold your hand and do everything for you, you just need a little push in the right direction, someone to help devise a plan.
If you’re ready to improve your life situation; your career, relationships, reduce stress, balance work-life, manage your time, etc., then a life coach can help you!
How do I choose a Life Coach?
As your life coach will be working closely with you, they will need you to open up to them and so you should trust them and be comfortable sharing your life’s vision, and have faith that they will help you achieve it.
There are three main considerations:
1. Certification. You will want your coach to be accredited by a professional school. The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the organization that sets and monitors the international standards for professional coaching ethics, training and practices.
2. Good References. Ensure that your life coach has a list of satisfied clients (and their references) who have made the desired changes to their lives, with the assistance of their coach. Look for specific references to exactly what it is that they were helped with, not just a generalization about how good the coach was/is.
3. Compatibility. Another person’s coach may be effective for them, but may not be a good fit for you. You need to feel a connection with your coach, and you can do this by communicating directly with them and asking for a sample session. In this way you will BOTH know if you are comfortable enough to establish a trust relationship.
What happens during a typical Life Coach session?
During a session (usually 45 minutes to an hour, depending on your coach and your needs) your coach will ask questions to establish a good understanding of your needs, so that they can guide you and help you to achieve your desired outcome.
This includes helping you:
- Discover your passions
- Overcoming difficult decisions
- Building your confidence and self-esteem
Of course you will be expected to do your part too; a life coach doesn’t change your life - YOU do.
They will help you reach your goals quicker and more effectively, by providing you with tools and resources so that you can achieve your dreams with their guidance and support.
Learn more about Life Coaching.